Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Ya'll, this is my second post *ever* & I am so excited it's for "Works For Me Wednesday" hosted by Rocks In My Dryer.
I've been lurking in blog-land for about a month now and I stumbled across Rocks In My Dryer by way of Dawn Meehan's blog, Because I Said So! The concept of this weekly post is for people to post their solutions to everyday quandaries and how it works for them. I have learned so many interesting tricks and now I get the pleasure of "Mr. Linky"-ing my own! :D
Ever heard the expression: always a bridesmaid, never a bride? Well that would sum me up if I wasn't already married. I do, however, have the extreme pleasure of "forever a hostess." Bridal, Baby, House Warming, you name it, I've planned it.
When organizing a shower it's really important to keep track of who attended, what was done and who gave what. Usually that gets scribbled on a piece of scrap paper or napkin by some family member or BFF when the presents are being opened. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to write a "thank you" note or an address on an envelope and had to send the handwriting sample off to the FBI for handwriting analysis. Well, okay, but you know what I mean.
If you have basic computer knowledge or half-way decent penmanship this is GREAT for you and the guest of honor.
I use Excel quite a bit for work, so naturally, I would create a spreadsheet with name, addresses and such. I am also printing out my invitations online, so I will use a "mail merge" to collate and print my invitations, envelopes and spreadsheet. I'll punch holes in my spreadsheet & place it in a pretty 3-ring binder. I then create a scrapbook page with the invitation and place that in front. All that is left to do is hand write the gifts received in the blank next to the appropriate guest. Your Guest of Honor will know: what the shower invitations looked like, who was invited, who was able to attend, what they gave and their addresses. All this at their fingertips! It's all inclusive and pre-made making their "thank you" a no brainer. This didn't take me ANY extra time to make and now they have a really great keepsake.
If your 'tech' challenged this also works with the big index cards that have the holes already punched in them. You can find a pretty day planner at Big Lots or Dollar Tree, remove the calendar/organizer and make a card for each guest invited. Then just slip a copy of the invitation into a sleeve or punch holes in it and place it on top of the index cards.
It "Works for Me" and I hope it works for you. Check out the other tips at WFMW!
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Okay, so I have no clue what to blog about now that I've finally set up my account. I've been wanting to do it forever, but now that I have, I have nothing to say. Typical Erica.
Here's a recent tag:
1. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead?
Random guys? No. Husband or Daddy? Yes
2. A big poofy dress or a short party dress?
Who wants to look like a 'cupcake'? Dressing is meant for disguising your poof-iosity!
3. What would you do if you received a long love letter?
Be amazed..Jason isn't too big on writing anything bigger than 3 and 4 letter words! LOL
4. Group dates or single dates?
Mostly single, but Jason and I have fun when we hang out with T and Hank
5. Do you hate it when guys act different around their friends?
6. Are diamonds a girl’s best friend?
Nope, it's her man. Or her dog. One of the two, I forget.
7. Is your hair up or down today?
Down earlier, up at the moment
8. Do you straighten your hair?
Heck, no! Do you have ANY idea how long that would take???
9. Favorite mascara?
Clear -- can't see it if it smudges or clumps!
10. Do you get your nails done?
Usually --I stopped right before "the move". No need to get them ruined while packing/unpacking and building the fence(s).
11. Small or large purses ?
Larger than small, but not super large.
12. In your purse, what are your must haves?
Wallet, cell phone, keys.
13. Jeans or sweats?
14. Do you wear clothes/shoes/jewelry that’s uncomfortable?
Who doesn't??? I'm telling you people that's why we wore fig leaves.
15. Do you text message a lot?
Not usually and if I do it's almost always to Jason because he's in a meeting and is supposed to be working.
16. What would you do if you got pregnant?
I'd friggin' flip out! We've been trying for so long!
17. What’s your favorite color?
18. Heels or flats?
Heels -- I love being 7" tall. *eye roll*
19. Did you ever cry during a romantic movie?
20. Would you ever leave the house without make-up on?
I do it all the time. LOL!
21. Walmart or Target?
22. Do you wear collared shirts?
23. Do you like preppy boys?
I used to, than I married my nerd.
24. Do you think lip gloss is the best!?
Like for sure! Not.
25. Do you own any big sunglasses?
LOL! That would be a NO
26. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
10 minutes...tops. I wake up every morning looking like a super model, it takes a long time to make this look bad.
27. Do you like to wear band-aids?
No...I like to bleed like a sieve
28. Do you like skater boys?
Skaterpuds? That'd be a negatory.
29. Do you often wish there was something you could change about yourself?
My weight, my hair, my shoe size -- just a FEW things
30. Gold or silver?
White gold or platinum
31. Do you like to receive flowers?
32. Do you like surfer boys?
33. Do you dress up for the holidays?
Used to, but Jason's family is very lax.
34. Do you like to wear dresses?
No, unless it's a wedding dress or I've magically shrunk to a size zero. Okay, a two.
35. On a scale of 1-10 how much do guys confuse you?
5 - Jason is usually pretty easy to read, but sometimes I just sit there and shake my head.
36. In the last 48 hours have you hung out with a guy?
Yes, Jason *~ ditto, Rebecca Wait! MY Jason or yours?! ;)
37. Would you date a guy shorter than you?
I have, but it wasn't comfortable.
38. Do you like to hold hands?
Yes, but Jason prefers to hold pinkies? Goodness knows why.
39. What is the youngest you would date?
I would have dated at 5 if my parents let me. Oh! You mean how much younger than me would I date if my husband allowed me to date? *hehehe*
40. What is the oldest you would date?
40 -- I like them walker/wheelchair bound
41. What do you notice when you first meet a guy?
Eyes, immediately followed by a glance of his left hand (wedding band check) and his butt. It's a* stellar* move.
42. Is it hot when guys sweat?
Whose guy? the hot sweat or stinky sweat?
43. What is the best physical feature in a guy?
On my guy..his butt. I mean his sense of humor. Definitely.
44. Do you like making eye contact?
Not usually. Non-confrontational.
46. Would you kill for chocolate?
No. It would have to be chocolate AND peanut butter.
47. Did you ever spend all day/night getting pretty for a guy?
Well, I did have an entrance to make. There was an aisle in the church and 100 or so guests.
48. On a scale from 1-10 how fun is shopping?
9.9998 without kids and with T. With kids and without T .0002
49. Do you freak out if you miss your favorite show?
No, but I do head to the water cooler for an update with Miss Debbie the next morning.
50. Do you yell a lot?
Yes. I'm mean.
51. Do you wear sweatpants/pajamas to school/work?
No. We have a DRESS code.
52. Have you ever dressed unlike yourself to impress a guy?
No. If I ever dressed unlike myself I think I would scare men more than I do now.
53. Do you write a lot of mushy love poems?
Yes, but I have to hide them from my hubby. He doesn't like it when I send Carlos love letters. He's jealous. *eye roll*
54. What makeup could you not live w/ out?
Concealer. (My husband snores.)
55. Do you fall in love easily?
I'm was a skeptic. One too many broken hearts and spent tears.
56. Do you have cramps?
Now? Yes, I do. Thanks for letting everyone know that it happens to be that time of the month. I'm sure everyone wanted to know that. >: (
57. Do you think you have the bestest friend ever?
Yeah. I married him, didn't I?
Posted by Waitingonyou2 at 10/30/2007 11:17:00 PM